My team had a very special visit with Mr. Elson and his wife. Mr. Elson is a Navy SEAL Veteran who came to us after a long process of asking the VA to provide his disability benefits, and my team aided him across the finish line! It was an honor to meet Mr. Elson and his wife and thank him for his service to our country.
If you have a Federal Agency issue that our office can help with, reach out to us!
The JOBS for Success Act, H.R. 5861, helps to support a partnership between the local workforce and the families who are eager to move from welfare into jobs. This bill will focus on four key changes:
- Renames the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program to Jobs and Opportunity with Benefits and Services (JOBS).
- Ensures no one gets ignored or is left on the sidelines, there are no "lost causes" or families that are "too difficult".
- Focuses on real outcomes - getting and keeping a job.
- Helps poor families, those that need these funds the most.
- Uses funds to help individuals find work by requiring at least 25% of funds go towards core activities to support individuals and families.